Paul D Smith - Member no 834
Car Type: Tygan Speedster JJG 850D
Contact email: email@example.com
Based in: Maidenhead, Berkshire
Joined Club: September 2009
My car was purchased from Colin McGuire in August 09. Colin was the ex Tygan R & D Manager and is a thoroughly nice chap!
As a development car my Speedster features Red 9 Design (Rotherham) front and rear suspension system which initially gave me cause for apprehension but fortunately has proved reliable and I could recommend it as a worthwhile upgrade/enhancement to the overall enjoyment of the car.
The car is based in Berkshire and my email is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Car Specification Details:
Replica PORSCHE 356 SPEEDSTER by CHESIL/TYGAN
Built 2007 and used by Tygan as their development car and demonstrator along the M40.
- Based on a shortened ’66 Beetle chassis
- The engine is a VW 1915cc Type 1, twin carbs, by Arnie Levics
- Power - 110 HP, cruises nicely at 80 MPH !
- All VW suspension removed (complete beam, steering box and suspension gone)
- Replaced by Red 9 Design wishbone and coil over shock system combined with a 'quick' steering rack
- Rear torsion bar suspension removed
- Still an IRS gearbox set up but now with Red 9 Design trailing arms and coil over shock absorbers in near vertical mounting this gives a hard ride but responsive handling
Optional Extras (Factory Fitted):
- Electric Front Demister Windscreen
- Dashboard Clock
- Secondary Oil Cooler
Extras fitted after the car was purchased:
- Cigarette Lighter (for Sat Nav) fitted by Berkshire Bugs (Hurst, near Twyford)
- Pertronix Ignitor 2, coil set, HT leads and coil relocation plate (c/o Kingfisher Customs)
- Under body, suspension & heater channels wax oiled using Dinitrol 3125 (Practical Classics outright winner for rust proofing)
- Rear Lap Belts
- Steel Wheels powder coated by 'Sand Blast' of High Wycombe
- Heater Blower Booster Kit via Mid America Motor Works, USA
- Porsche 356 Horn Push
click on any image to enlarge